Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Allen-Bradley Clock Tower

I feel blessed to be able to wake up every morning and have the time in front of me via the Allen-Bradley Clock Tower. At night, in addition to indicating the hour, the clock tower also mimics the moon which is a seemingly beautiful thing to experience.

This structure is also interestingly unique to me because it is the first thing that stands out whenever I arrive to Milwaukee every Sunday night.

As we learned in class, this clock held the record for the world's largest four sided clock. It is 281 feet tall and has a diameter of approximately 40 feet. Emporis is the global provider of building data. It manages a worldwide database on construction data and commercial real estate information.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the Allen-Bradley Clock is an interesting example of preservation as Milwaukeans see it everyday, but rarely think of it as something that might need to be saved someday.

    ReplyDelete