Monday, October 10, 2011




For me the most important aspect of preservation is that of the natural world. Our land, water and wildlife are the most valuable resources we have. Because of this I have chosen to write my research article on link between hunting and conservation in the United States. There are many species of animal that are very overpopulated. This overpopulation causes problems of plant life being exhausted and other animals starving because of it. This allows for other inedible plants to take over and can cause other wildlife to have to vacate certain areas. Hunting helps to control over population of certain animals, like deer and elk. It's not a perfect system it has its pros and cons all of which I will dive into in my article. I will also talk about alternatives to hunting like the reintroduction of natural predators, and programs involving birth control. Overall I hope to show the role hunting plays in conservation of our valuable resources.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a fantastic topic. Many people disagree with hunting because of animal rights. Though I am an animal lover, I know that hunting, if done in a controlled and moderated environment, is beneficial to the wildlife as well as humans. It will be interesting to hear what other points you can make on the subject both negative and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be very interesting to see the research that you find and interpret for this article as it connects to preservation.

    ReplyDelete