Thursday, October 6, 2011

Iron Horse Hotel


I really enjoyed visiting The Iron Horse and not only hearing about how the different parts of the old warehouse were preserved but also seeing how they put so much thought into the entire building. Every part of the hotel was designed and I truly appreciate that.

This is a picture of the 30 year old beams that create the framework of the building. It is unique to have a structure still intact here in Milwaukee. They did an excellent job showing off their beauty and making them have a significant role in the Hotel's interior design.

I also enjoyed how they saved other things from the original structure and used them as decorations such as the mirrors on the back wall of the lobby and the different nik naks on the various tables.
The entire building had so much character, I only wish it was not so expensive to stay the night.

2 comments:

  1. I was also impressed by the mirrors on the back wall. I had no idea until they pointed them out. I thought they were just store bought. It goes to show how more history was preserved there then expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture you took of the brick wall. Really shows the character of the building.

    ReplyDelete