Sunday, October 30, 2011

Lake Park


Natural landscapes are special gems that should be preserved. Not only just because they're beautiful but because the public can come and enjoy them, especially in a city like Milwaukee.


I never have been to Lake Park or ever really associated it with preservation. Whenever I passed the Lake Park Bistro Entrance, I thought it was just some rich person's house. When there, I saw lots of people there who jogged, ran, and were doing other activities. I took a second and thought, "wow, this is a gorgeous place, (especially with all the fall colors) I can't believe I have never been here before." With natural landscapes such as this one, I believe it's very important to save such beauties such as this park.


As I looked for pictures of what everything first looked like back in the day, The lighthouse was small and moved several times, then of course it was built taller to overlook all the trees, otherwise, what's the purpose of a lighthouse if you can't even see it?! As I went on, I came across the Lion Bridge, which was my favorite part. Not only because it was gorgeous but because there were lion status, my favorite animal! (haha). Found out they were recently restored which brought back more value to me than they were before. Shows that this part of the park was worth restoring!


With more research that I did, The park was designed by a famous park designer but the name of Olmstead. I didn't even know there were such designers, but this adds to the list of reasons to preserve this park. Without gorgeous parks throughout cities in this state, such as this one, it would look like Nebraska. Flat and boring with a few hills here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment